Thanks for stopping by.
Today I want to touch on something that I actually taught a class on at Photoshop World in Orlando recently; Successful Photo Shoots…Guaranteed!!!
Now this may seem like a bit of a sales pitch because I’m going to recommend you take a look at a class I’ve recorded but I make no apologies for saying it because I really do believe in the overall message…Planning!
Everyone wants to get the very best results from each and every photo shoot right? But not everyone has their own studio so that means maybe having to part with some £££ for a few hours to hire a space, and then on top of that there’s maybe paying for the model and of course…there’s the time.
We’re all busy people so if you can only get to shoot every now and again you want to make sure you end up with the photos / pictures you set out for.
Sounds all well and good but how?
Well anyone who knows me, knows that I’m a BIG believer in planning photo shoots; treating each and every photo shoot the same regardless of it being for a client or a personal project…I plan it all; theme, location, model, props…the lot.
Since doing this I can hand on heart say that from each and every shoot I’ve had I’ve come away with exactly the results I was after. This was the topic of one of my classes at the recent Photoshop World Conference and Expo in Orlando, Florida where I talked through the whole process including pictures, videos, examples and so on…
So if you didn’t manage to get to Photoshop World and my class I wanted to let you you know that you can also check out my Character Composite Class over on Kelby Training where I cover exactly that; planning everything. the shooting and the retouching all in class just over 1 hour in length.
Check out the promotional video below:
And if you’re not a member of Kelby Training, there’s also the option to rent classes too for just $9.99 which gives you 72 hours to watch the course as many times as you want:
Here’s some viewer comments posted over on the Kelby Training website:
- Just watched this video—it was AWESOME! Literally the best time I have ever spent learning on this site. This course changed my editing and processing on the spot, and the few pics I have processed since then…can’t even believe they are mine. Love Glyn’s style, both as a photographer and as an instructor. Going through the whole process from concept to post production made it such a powerful learning experience. Cannot wait to see more of Glyn’s stuff on the site!!!! ~ T.Simon
- Glyn, you mention that it is important to keep fun doing it. You know? watching the video was fun too! I like the fact that you cover the entire process: from getting the inspiration, to building the moodboard, shooting the backgrounds (and some extra shots), to finally putting it all together. I will be watching this one a few times more! ~ R. Van Leeuwen
- Brilliant class. Straight talking, easy to understand and full of great information. ~ J. Wolfisz
- Fantastic Class! Covered everything from how to plan out your photo shoot, what to use in the planning phase like apps, and tech tools. Shooting on location what to look out for, and then shooting the model in studio and the studio lighting. I thought his Photoshop work was brilliant and very insightful. Will definitely be reviewing this class again and again and again!!!!! ~ K. Holmes
- One of the best courses on KelbyTraining.com. Great instructor. Inspirational! ~ P. Lanigan
Oh one more thing, since recording this class I’ve also started using the IMPAwards website for ideas / inspiration too…it ROCKS! [Link]
So here’s to Planning and making sure that EVERY photo shoot is successful!
Have a great Wednesday and I’ll catch you back here tomorrow.
Check out my Character Composite Class here [Link]