What a fantastic weekend with the launch of my new workshop ‘From Concept to Print‘ on the Saturday and Sunday being well, a day of R & R after what has been a rather busy few days…
Saturday’s Workshop was a blast thanks to a great bunch of people who came along. Lots of shooting time, food, editing, food, laughs and a bit more food made for a great day and judging by the feedback that has been posted on Facebook, Twitter and email everyone had a good time…
- Roger: Thanks for a great day yesterday Glyn, it was superb. Looking forward to using the techniques and looking through the CD. Big thanks to Steve and Caroline for their patience and for being great models.
- Mark: Thanks for a great day, just need some time to practice all those techniques!
- David: Had a blast today Glyn – good stuff. Looking forward to reviewing the goodies on the CD-Rom and trying out this compositing malarky 🙂
- Thanks also to Caroline & Steve for being great models, Gareth for the studio / equipment and of course Anne for that lovely sponge cake 🙂
- Noel: You did a great job mate!
- Georgie: I had a really great time and I have learnt a lot which will really help moving onto more digital work for my course next year. I was a bit apprehensive about going today but you made me feel really welcome and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I feel I have come away from the course with a great deal more knowledge about lighting and editing.
I just want to start by saying thank you very much for Saturday; it’s the 1st time I have come away from a workshop knowing that it was not a waste of time.Usually on these sorts of things the instructor tells you what to do, sets it up and then you copy it but your approach worked much better.Everyone who attended was great and knew what they were doing, which really helped to let the day flow.The photoshop side of things I will have to work on but because there was a lot of information there to take in, but once I get cracking and using your techniques I think it will really help.You were very kind in letting us know how to do things as well. I have been on some courses before and they just don’t want tell that secret ingredient which they use whereas you were the complete opposite, you wanted to share your workflow to the full.Once again Glyn, thanks very much.
The image above is one that I took during the first half of the day and then went on to edit using Photoshop techniques that I covered in the second half.
Once I have hold of some of the ‘behind the scenes’ photos taken during the day I’ll post a run through of what we covered but in the mean time a HUGE thank you to our models Steve Lewington (above) and Caroline Yandell who not only looked fantastic, were great to work with…I look forward to more workshops with them, that’s for sure. Also thanks to my good friend, Photographer and Studio Owner Gareth Davies for being such a great help and support, David and Noel for their generosity and to my wife Anne aka Mrs D for her tireless support!
Now that we’re up and running I’m really excited about the next workshop which is on Saturday 23rd July. So, if you’re interested in coming along for a ‘full on’ day of Photography & Photoshop, details and tickets are available through the Workshops tab at the top of this page or by visiting this [Link]
Hope to see you there 🙂
• • •