Since getting back from holiday the past week has been pretty ‘full on’ to say the least catching up so I thought I’d start this new week off with a bit of news n’ stuff:
1. Friday night was Mixer Night in London Town with Zack Arias, his wife Meghan, youngest son Hawke and Studio Manager Dan. We’d managed to book the basement lounge known as Bar 43 at the superb BBar, 43 Buckingham Palace Road, London thanks to a friend of a friend of a friend if you get my meaning. Anyway as expected it was a fantastic night with a great turnout of folks from all over. Unfortunately the BBar didn’t serve Zack’s beloved ‘Newcastle Brown Ale’ so he resorted to drinking Mexican Beer, incidentally in a South African themed bar in London Town; proof I guess that London is diverse if nothing else 🙂
2. Apple have released an update to iOS4 for the iPhone (now iOS4.1) which introduced amongst a whole heap of enhancements and tweeks a built in HDR (High Dynamic Range) Photography facility.
I’ve not had much time to give it a good run but here’s a couple of comparison shots from Zack’s OneLight Workshop in London this past Saturday:
Admittedly it’s not going to set the Photography world on fire nor is it anywhere near as effective as proper HDR photography using your DSLR and Photoshop (or whatever you prefer) but it does seem to produce better photographs by boosting the midtones of the image. More to come…
3. The ‘Run for Alfie‘ event has had to be postponed for approximatley 1 month due to one of the runners sustaining an injury through training. I’l keep you posted with the progress there but also on the subject of the ‘Run for Alfie’ I did intend last week to be posting the ‘walk through’ videos of the editing for the final picture.; they’ll now be posted in the next few days so be sure to check back for those.
4. The Monthly Guest Feature on the blog is going full steam ahead with a superb list of folks lined up. This month I’m really excited about an upcoming interview I have in place…not mentioning any names but what this guy from Germany (hint, hint) does with Photoshop is mind blowing 🙂
5. Finally, just for a bit of fun check out this video … ‘A World Without Photoshop’ …
That’s all for now; have a great Monday and I’ll catch up with you in the week.